The Vault enables you to store access keys/configuration for parameters of the installed plugins. You may store these access keys in the vault as vault items. By doing this, these vault items will be available as options/selection items when adding the plugins to your pipelines.
Getting into the Vaults panel
In this section, you will learn how to access the Vaults panel under the IAM option.
- Ensure that you are already logged in to your Kaholo account.
- On the Main Menu, click the Manage icon. By default, you will be directed to the Plugins page.
Click the Vaults icon to go to the Vaults page
Adding Vault Items
In this section, you will learn how to store your confidential information in Kaholo’s Vault.
1. On the upper right corner of the page, click the Add item button.
2. The Add vault item window will appear. Specify the vault item details:
- Name: enter the vault item name.
- Description: enter the vault item description.
- Value: enter the vault item value. Ensure to specify the correct value as it will not be displayed once saved. The item value will be hidden for security purposes.
3. After specifying the vault item details, click Save to add the item.
Editing Vault Items
In this article, you will learn how to edit/update vault items.
1. While on the Vault Items list, find the vault item that you want to edit in the item list and click its Edit icon.
2. The Edit vault item window will appear. In this window, you can edit the item’s name, description and value.
3. After editing the selected item, click Save to apply the changes.
Important note: Value is not downloaded from the server to deliver maximum security.
Deleting Vault Items
In this article, you will learn how to delete vault items.
1. While on the Vault Items list, find the vault item that you want to delete and click its Delete icon.
2. A Confirmation dialog box will appear. Click Yes to continue deleting the selected item.